CONN-NAHRO is the Connecticut Chapter of the National Association of Housing & Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO). Our mission is to advocate for and support public housing authorities in their efforts to provide decent, safe, and affordable housing and to preserve Connecticut's public housing stock for future generations. We seek to advance industry knowledge and raise standards through professional development and staff training and through networking opportunities. In partnership with local organizations and through our relationship as a NAHRO chapter, we are committed to advocating for policy and legislation that supports, preserves and creates public and affordable housing in Connecticut communities and nationally.
CONN-NAHRO brings together state, local and national resources to accomplish the goal of preserving and creating safe, decent affordable and public housing. Through legislative, regulatory and policy advocacy, CONN-NAHRO will affect positive change in the public housing industry, expand community development opportunities, and improve the quality of life of the citizens of Connecticut, especially low and moderate income residents who are in need of affordable housing.
CONN-NAHRO periodically reviews and updates its Strategic Plan by a committee comprised of Board members and Past Presidents. If you have any questions or comments regarding the CONN-NAHRO Mission, Vision or organizational planning process, please contact us.
CONN-NAHRO hosts Monthly Membership meetings, which are usually held the third Thursday of every month except during the months of June, July and December. The membership meetings are held at The Tradition Golf Club in Wallingford, Connecticut from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. and includes lunch for $30. Speakers are announced through our eNews blasts or on our homepage under The Latest News.
CONN-NAHRO hosts many professional development opportunities throughout the year; these can be found on our calendar or under The Latest News located on our home page and members will always receive invitations via email.
Some of our annual events and activities include:
- Our holiday reception is held within the first two weeks of January.
- Employee Training and Networking Day is hosted on the first Friday in the month of May.
- In May and June we announce a Scholarship Program for public housing and Section 8 program participants of member housing authorities in Connecticut.
- Our 4-day annual Convention & Exhibition is hosted at the Mohegan Sun Convention Center usually on the last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the month of August.
- In September, we host the John J. Kelly Memorial Golf Tournament to fundraise annually for three, $3,500 college scholarships for residents of public or Section 8 housing in Connecticut. Additional scholarships have been sponsored by the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority!
- Our membership renewal campaign begins in October through December annually.